Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Prayer

THIS I KNOW

I know not by what methods rare,
But this I know---God answers prayer.
I know that He has given His Word,
Which tells me prayer is always heard,
And will be answered, soon or late,
And so I pray and calmly wait.
I know not if the blessing sought
Will come in just the way I thought,
But leave my prayers with Him alone,
Whose will is wiser than my own---
Assured that He will grant my quest,
Or send some answer far more blest.
                  Author: Unknown

.......that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;
                                           Luke 18:1

Would you walk up to a total stranger or casual acquaintance and ask for a favor, loan or to help you carry an almost unbearable load?   Is this not what so many people do?  Kneeling or not, ask a Merciful God for .... financial help or healing.
And He does....come with healing, and protection for those that call on Him.
BUT
I think it would be safe to say....that God would much rather have a daily, hourly, intimate relationship with His children.
Don't wait till you NEED Him to talk with Him. Don't make Him a stranger, or casual acquaintance.

Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer:
                                                                         Romans 12:12

But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to ministry of the word.
                                                                          Acts 6:4

GOD BLESS YOU ALL



No comments: