Saturday, February 25, 2012

R*I*P Sweet Shark

This is not how I had envisioned my blog for today.
When I started this morning to iron I began taking pictures. Of my process.
I know most think "she's really crazy".
The intentions, was to make a 'how-to-tutorial'. For all you non-ironers out there.
So let me take you thru....up to the passing of my Sweet Shark.
So important is the set up. A good iron. (may she RIP) Plenty of ironing space, at just the right height for you. Love this Martha Stewart Extra Large Ironing Board. Notice how I have a piece of tin foil under the padding. Against the metal. From the small end about 3/4 the length of the board. This helps hold the heat to fabric a little longer.
Then your chose of starch. Spray clothes on the inside, this helps with flaky residue.
In the freezer they go.
YES!!!! After they're sprayed down, I bag them up and let them chill a while.
When you take them out and begin to iron...OH!!! them wrinkles just melt away.
For pants/jeans, I begin at the waist. Legs are matched inseam to outer seam, and a lovely crease is born.
Important tip:
T-Shirts with prints should be ironed inside out. Also corduroy inside out.
This is as far as I got.
I have no idea how she died. One minute she was hot in my hands. The next minute the life had slipped out of her. Like no power. I tried several other outlets, to no avail. Most other's had a few days of 'shorting out'. that would prepare me for it's inevitable end.
Not this old gal....she left...quick and seeming painlessly.
(tears)
May cry myself to sleep tonight.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

1 comment:

Pamela J said...

Aw Sandi, I am so sorry. I know you love you some ironing! Just pull yourself together and as we have been known to say "put on your big girl Panties and get over it"! It may take you a couple of days but I know you will have to get your "iron" fix before too many days pass by! You can use mine! It only gets us as needed! I will see you in the morning if we need to have special prayer for your loss! LOL Love ya sis.