Monday, February 20, 2012

John Glenn

50 Years ago today.
NASA orbited the planet Earth three times. Is it alright if I tell you "I remember this day".
Surely it was on every TV set in every school. Mine included. At this time we lived in Elizabeth, New Jersey.
A few days later there was a local celebration we attended. Where John Glenn personally came to speak. Dad & Mom carried Rick and I there. Above picture is a memento of that day.
 


I can remember the weather was windy and freezing. But we enjoyed it anyway.
So thankful Mom took pictures that day. And I amazed that I still have hung on to the little memento. The little rocket thingy....you can actually put in a pop-cap. Or whatever you call that thing kids back then used in 'cap-guns'. Throw it down and it would 'POP'.
FIFTY YEARS AGO
'We've come a long way baby'

GOD BLESS YOU ALL


1 comment:

Christy said...

What a wonderful piece of history! Thank you so much for sharing!